- Contents: Chapter 1: Introduction: Context and Framework.
- Chapter 2: Sudan. Practical Action, Kassala and Khartoum.
- Chapter 3: Angola. CARE, Luanda.
- Chapter 4: Mozambique. CARE, Maputo.
- Chapter 5: Bangladesh. Practical Action study reviewing work of a range of NGOs in Faridpur town.
- Chapter 6: Zimbabwe. Practical Action Chitungwiza and Epworth.
- Chapter 7: Pakistan. Orangi Pilot Project, Karachi.
- Chapter 8: India. Society for Development Studies, Alwar.
- Chapter 9: South Africa. South African Homeless People’s Federation, Cape Town.
- Chapter 10: Kenya. Practical Action, Nakuru, Mavoko.
- Chapter 11: Conclusion.
Lucy Stevens At the time of writing Dr Lucy Stevens was Programme Co-ordinator, Access to Services, Practical Action
Stuart Coupe Stuart Coupe formerly International Projects Manager of the Reducing Vulnerability Team at Practical Action, an international NGO active on agricultural biodiversity and Farmers’ Rights issues, has a background in Southern African Studies, including doctorate study and published works since 1992.
Diana Mitlin Dr Diana Mitlin is Senior Research Associate, International Institute for Environment and Development and Lecturer, Institute for Development Policy and Management, University of Manchester