An approach to people-centred development
2. Capacitity-building: where has it come from
3. What is capacity-building?
4. Whose capacities?
5. Investing in people
6. Investing in organisations
7. Investing in networks
8. Building capacity in crisis
9. Building the capacities of others: questions for donors
Deborah Eade was Editor-in-Chief of Development in Practice from 1991 to 2010, prior to which she worked for 10 years in Latin America. She is now an independent writer on development and humanitarian issues, based near Geneva.