Septic Tanks and Aquaprivies from Ferrocement
- The book is divided into four chapters.
- Chapter 1 describes the potential of ferrocement as a construction material, and the problems of design in septic tank and aqua-privy systems.
- In Chapter 2 the various technical options in low-cost sanitation are contrasted and compared.
- Chapter 3 gives details of how septic tank and aqua-privy waste treatment and soil disposal systems are designed and constructed, and
- Chapter 4 gives step-by-step construction details of a ferrocement septic tank built for the commercial market.
Simon Watt is a civil engineer with extensive experience working in the UK, Australia, Canada, India, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea and Thailand.