Roger Calow, Zemede Abebe and Alan Nicol
2. Ethiopia’s water resources, policies, and institutions
Eva Ludi, Bethel Terefe, Roger Calow and Gulilat Birhane
3. WASH sector monitoring
John Butterworth, Katharina Welle, Kristof Bostoen and Florian Schaefer
4. Innovative approaches for extending access to water services: the potential of multiple-use water services and self-supply
Marieke Adank, John Butterworth, Sally Sutton and Zemede Abebe
5. Sanitation and hygiene promotion in rural communities: the Health Extension Programme
Peter Newborne and Anu Liisanantti
6. Sustainability of water services in Ethiopia
Nathaniel Mason, Alan MacDonald, Sobona Mtisi, Israel Deneke Haylamicheal and Habtamu Abebe
7. Water for livelihood resilience, food security, and poverty reduction
Josephine Tucker, Zelalem Lema and Samson Eshetu Lemma
8. Responding to climate variability and change: implications for planned adaptation
Lindsey Jones, Lorraine Coulter, Million Getnet Gebreyes, Beneberu Shimelis Feleke, Naomi Oates, Leulseged Yirgu Gebreamlak and Josephine Tucker
9. Policy and practice influence through research: critical reflections on RiPPLE’s approach
Josephine Tucker, Ewen Le Borgne and Marialivia Iotti
Roger Calow Roger Calow is Head of the Water Policy Programme at the UK’s Overseas Development Institute (ODI), specializing in water resource governance, and was Director of the RiPPLE programme from 2009 to 2011.
Eva Ludi Eva Ludi is a senior Research Fellow at ODI focusing on water, food security, and climate change adaptation.
Josephine Tucker Josephine Tucker is a Research Fellow in ODI’s Water Policy Programme with expertise in water service delivery, ecosystems, and resilience.