Using human waste
of the world it still plays a major role in the provision of soil nutrients. Waste recycling is promoted for both economic and environmental reasons, but the use of fresh excreta carries considerable health
hazards. This Technical Brief introduces the main issues one needs to consider to both control the process and optimize the benefits gained from using human waste, whilst minimizing the threat.
- A call to action: organizational, professional, and personal change for gender transformative WASH programming
- Transgender-inclusive sanitation: insights from South Asia
- Providing municipal faecal sludge management services: lessons from Bangladesh
- Global assessment of grant-funded, market-based sanitation development projects
- Adolescent schoolgirls' experiences of menstrual cups and pads in rural western Kenya: a qualitative study