Pit latrines - a source of contamination in peri-urban Dhaka?
David Macdonald, Kazi Matin Ahmed, Mohammad Sirajul Islam, Adrian Lawrence, Zaglul Zubaer KhandkerIncreasing numbers of people in Dhaka rely on groundwater for domestic use, yet this source appears to be particularly susceptible to pollution. Are sanitation systems to blame?
Constraints and issues on sustainable groundwater exploitation in Bangladesh
AHMED, Kazi M. U.
DEWAN, Ashraf M.
Journal of Groundwater Hydrology, Vol. 47 (2005), Iss. 2 P.163https://doi.org/10.5917/jagh1987.47.163 [Citations: 2]
Challenges of sustainable groundwater development and management in Bangladesh: vision 2050
2021https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-818172-0.00031-1 [Citations: 1]
Water Resources Planning and Management
Groundwater contamination in Bangladesh
Ahmed, Kazi Matin
2011https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511974304.028 [Citations: 3]
Safe distances between groundwater-based water wells and pit latrines at different hydrogeological conditions in the Ganges Atrai floodplains of Bangladesh
Islam, M. Sirajul
Mahmud, Zahid Hayat
Islam, M. Shafiqul
Saha, Ganesh Chandra
Ali, AHM Zulfiquar
Hassan, M. Qumrul
Hasan, M. Masud
Luby, Stephen P.
Endtz, Hubert Ph.
Faruque, Shah M.
Clemens, John D.
Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, Vol. 35 (2016), Iss. 1https://doi.org/10.1186/s41043-016-0063-z [Citations: 15]
Management of risk factors for breaking localised pathways of microbial contamination in tubewells with handpump: a case study from India
Singh, Nagendra Prasad
Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, Vol. 8 (2022), Iss. 2 P.2513https://doi.org/10.1007/s40808-021-01242-0 [Citations: 0]
Price: £19.99Buy article
- A call to action: organizational, professional, and personal change for gender transformative WASH programming
- Transgender-inclusive sanitation: insights from South Asia
- Providing municipal faecal sludge management services: lessons from Bangladesh
- Adolescent schoolgirls' experiences of menstrual cups and pads in rural western Kenya: a qualitative study
- Global assessment of grant-funded, market-based sanitation development projects