Baumann, E. (2006) ‘Do operation and maintenance pay?’ Waterlines 25: 10–12 <http://dx.doi.org/10.3362/0262-8104.2006.033> <https://www.ircwash.org/sites/default/files/Baumann-2006-Do.pdf>.
Briscoe, J. and de Ferranti, D. (1988) ‘Water for rural communities: helping people help themselves’, The World Bank, Washington DC <http://documents1.worldbank.org/curated/en/345181468766765197/pdf/multi-page.pdf>.
Miller, M., Cronk, R., Klug, T., Kelly, E.R., Behnke, N. and Bartram J. (2019) ‘External support programs to improve rural drinking water service sustainability: a systematic review’, Science of the Total Environment 670: 717–31 <https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.03.069>.
- A call to action: organizational, professional, and personal change for gender transformative WASH programming
- Providing municipal faecal sludge management services: lessons from Bangladesh
- Transgender-inclusive sanitation: insights from South Asia
- Global assessment of grant-funded, market-based sanitation development projects
- Adolescent schoolgirls' experiences of menstrual cups and pads in rural western Kenya: a qualitative study