* Globalisation, social action; and human rights
* Inclusive, just, plural, dynamic: building a 'civil' society in the Third World
* Civil society and substantive democracy: governance and the state of law in Belgium
Koenraad Van Brabant
* EURODAD's campaign on multilateral debt: the 1996 HIPC debt initiative and beyond
Sasja Bokkerink and Ted van Hees
* A new age of social movements: a fifth generation of non-governmental development organisations in the making?
Ignacio de Senillosa
* NGO's and advocacy: how well are the poor represented?
* Disaster without memory: Oxfams drought programme in Zambia
* Development theatre and the process of re-empowerment: the Gibeon story
* Transparency for accountability: civil-society monitoring of Multilateral Development Bank anti-poverty projects
* Strengthening unions: the case of irrigated agriculture in the Brazilian North East
* The people's Communication Charter
* Annotated Bibliography
* Organisations concerned with social action
* Addresses of publishers and other organisations
Miloon Kothari Mr. Kothari is a consultant for a large number of local, national and international non-governmental organizations and UN agencies. In 2000, Mr. Kothari was appointed the first Special Rapporteur on adequate housing as a component of the right to an adequate standard of living, and on the right to non-discrimination in this context.