Ths book is just one in a series of activities carried out by the Duryog Nivaran network under its theme of 'Understanding vulnerability and capacity' - a programme of work which has also included an international workshop, the publication of a series of case-studies and the development of materials on community-based capacity building for use by operational agencies and vulnerable people. The programme aims to provide insights into the nature of vulnerability in South Asia and to stimulate activities to build up local capacities to withstand disaster shocks. It also aims to build up two-way linkages between policy makers and projects.
1. Understanding Vulnerabhty - an Introduction
2. Women Victims' View of Urban and Rural Vulnerability
ELA R. BHATT
3. Drought and Household Coping Strategies among Peasant
Communities in the Dry Zone of Sri Lanka
R.B. SENAKA ARACHCHI
4. Coping with Climatic Disasters in Isolated Hdl
Communities of Nepal: the Case of Rampur
Village in Okhaldhunga
5. Can Vulnerability be Understood?
MIHIR R. BHATT
Biographical Details of Contributors
Other Duryog Nivaran Publications on Disasters and