- Prelims (Preface, Acknowledgements)
- PART ONE: RAINWATER HARVESTING AND DOMESTIC RURAL WATER SUPPLY
- 1. Development of rainwater harvesting in rural Gansu
- 2. Upgraded Water Cellar Designs
- 3.Water quality and the development of solar cooker technology
- PART TWO: RAINWATER HARVESTING AND SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE
- 4. Development and replication of low-cost greenhouse designs
- 5. Development of rainwater harvesting based irrigation systems in Gansu
- 6. Irrigation methods using rainwater
- PART THREE: RAINWATER HARVESTING AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- 7. Small watershed management
- PART FOUR: CHALLENGES, FUTURE PROSPECTS, AND CONCLUSIONS
- 8. Challenges and prospects for rainwater harvesting in Gansu Province
- Back Matter (Appendix 1, Appendix 2, Notes, References and sources of further information, Index)
Zhu Qiang is Former Director and Chief Engineer and Research Professor of the Gansu Research Institute for Water Conservancy China.
Mr Li Yuanhong is the current Director of the Gansu Research Institute for Water Conservancy, GRIWAC; he also coordinates the International Training Course on Rainwater Harvesting and Utilization which has been run in Gansu Province since 2003.
John Gould is an expert in rainwater harvesting and author of Rainwater Catchment Systems for Domestic Supply.