* Understanding difference and building solidarity: a challenge to development initiatives
Mary B. Anderson;
* Gender, development and training: raising awareness in the planning process
* Working with street children
Tom Scanlon, Francesca Scanlon and Maria Luiza Nobre Lamarao
* Older people and development: the last minority?
* Culture, liberation and "development"
Shubi L. Ishemo
* The politics of development in longhouse communities in Sarawak
* What is development?
* Research into local culture:implications for participatory development
* An education programme for peasant women in Honduras
* Challenging gender stereotypes in training: Mozambican refugees in Malawi
Lewis B Dzimbiri;
* Defining local needs: a community based diagnostic survey in Ethiopia
Yezichalem Kassa and Feleke Tadele
* Empowerment examined
* Some thoughts on gender and culture
* Who is the expert?
* Annotated bibliography