1. The Founding of the MST
2. The Consolidation of the MST
3. The MST Moves Northwards
4. The Occupation
5. The Settlements
6. Education in the MST
7. Massacre in the Amazon
8. Repression in Paraná
9. The Globalisation of Brazilian Agriculture
10. Agrarian Reform Through the Market
11. The Government's Counter-Offensive
12. The Green Option
13. From a 'Culture of Resistance' to a 'Culture of Liberation'
14. The MST in Historical Perspective
Back Matter - Cutting the Wire (Conclusion, Notes, Index)
Jan Rocha, a former correspondent for the BBC and The Guardian, lives in São Paulo and is the author of several books on Brazil.
Sue Branford is a freelance journalist and writer, based in the UK, who worked for the BBC World Service as a Latin America analyst.