Complex Problems, Negotiated Solutions
Tools to reduce conflict in community development
- Prelims (Contents, Figures, Tables, Boxes, Training Exercises, Acknowledgements)
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Conflict management; What is consensus building?
- 3. Principles of consensus building; Process of consensus building
- 4. Office-based conflict analysis
- 5. Provisional conflict-management plan; Participatory conflict analysis
- 6. The conflict analysis framework; Capacity building; Consensual negotiation
- 7. Facilitation; Workshop design and methods; Managing difficult people
- 8. Consensual negotiation tools
- Back Matter (Appendices 1-4: Briefing notes for Training Exercise, References )
Michael Warner has worked as a Research Fellow with the Overseas Development Institute, developing concensus-building tools and managing a programme of natural resource-based conflect resolution in Papua New Guinea and the Fiji Islands. He is currently co-ordinator of the secretariat for the Natural Resouces Cluster of Business Partners for Development.