- Prelims (Foreword/ Preface)
- Introduction: A history of Training for Transformation
- Part One: Moving a mountain starts with a small stone
- Part Two: Seeking the self
- Part Three: Healing the wounds of war
- Part Four: Listening into dialogue
- Part Five: Freedom from patriarchy
- Part Six: Crossing cultures, building bridges
- Part Seven: Long march through the institutions
- Part Eight: It doesn’t need to be like this
- Back Matter (Epilogue/ Appendix/ Three poems)
Anne Hope was born in South Africa, from where she was exiled during the apartheid regime. During this time she worked in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, India, and Zimbabwe.
Sally Timmel was born in the USA, where she became active in the civil rights movement. In 1984, with Anne Hope, she authored the Training for Transformation handbooks, and in 2002 initiated the Training for Transformation Diploma course at the Grail Centre in Kleinmond, South Africa.