Rebuilding Communities in Refugee Settlements
- An overview of the Ikafe programme
- An 'enabling environment'?
- Working towards social reconstruction
- Working towards sustainable livelihoods
- Policies working against settlement in Ikafe
- The importance on communications work
- Organisational issues
- In Conclusion:
- some lessons and recommendations
- Sources and further reading.
Lina Payne is a Social Development Adviser for the Department For International Development (DFID) in Bangladesh. Previously Social Policy Adviser for Eastern Europe and the Former soviet Union at Oxfam GB, she carried out social research on its Imvepi programme in Uganda between 1996-1998.