linkage models is ICICI Bank's recent 'facilitation linkage' with several NGO/MFIs. This approach is based on a partnership between ICICI Bank and selected NGOs/MFIs, according to which the latter takes the responsibility of monitoring and recovering loans from individuals and self-help groups,
but the credit (and most of the risk) is directly between ICICI Bank and the SHG or individual clients. This article explains the model and provides two case study examples, PSS and BISWA, to illustrate this linkage methodology.
- Development impact bonds: learning from the Asháninka cocoa and coffee case in Peru
- Trade-off between outreach and sustainability of microfinance institutions: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
- Value chain development for rural poverty reduction: A reality check and a warning
- What is cocoa sustainability? Mapping stakeholders’ socio-economic, environmental, and commercial constellations of priorities
- Impact assessment of commodity standards: towards inclusive value chains