and then make small loans from this fund to group members for business and emergency needs. The self-managed, savings-based approach has been important for clients building up assets in preparation for a time of sickness, and in supporting clients who might otherwise be excluded from a mainstream
- Venture finance and Indian small industry – can they ever meet?
- Women's groups: from welfare to small-scale business in Kenya
- Strategic management and small firms – a survey of rural firms in Mexico
- Mapping the market: participatory market-chain development in practice
- Taking the woman's perspective: Gender risks of regulatory reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa