Perspectives from the Council of Microfinance Equity Funds
their varying objectives and describes the typical MFI being invested in. Drawing on the deliberations that have taken place at council meetings, this article identifies key issues confronting the microfinance field as it begins to incorporate these new players, such as how these players affect
governance, whether the funds are financially viable and whether the funds can help develop a local investor market.
- Macro-policies for small-scale industry and Appropriate Technology
- Small enterprises and the process of globalization and regional integration
- Networks of MSE banks for financial sector development – a case-study in private–public partnership
- The very poor who participate in microfinance institutions and those who never have
- Social capital in establishing collective marketing of bananas in Central America