This interview with CODI's Director is preceded by a short introduction to the programme, its strategies and activities. The role of savings are discussed and the importance of building strong community
groups which can negotiate to resist eviction or to secure water supply infrastructure. The loan fund is designed to cover its costs and maintain its value through interest payments, and enterprise loans
have a higher interest rate to cross-subsidize housing loans.
- Development impact bonds: learning from the Asháninka cocoa and coffee case in Peru
- Trade-off between outreach and sustainability of microfinance institutions: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
- Value chain development for rural poverty reduction: A reality check and a warning
- What is cocoa sustainability? Mapping stakeholders’ socio-economic, environmental, and commercial constellations of priorities
- Impact assessment of commodity standards: towards inclusive value chains