This interview with CODI's Director is preceded by a short introduction to the programme, its strategies and activities. The role of savings are discussed and the importance of building strong community
groups which can negotiate to resist eviction or to secure water supply infrastructure. The loan fund is designed to cover its costs and maintain its value through interest payments, and enterprise loans
have a higher interest rate to cross-subsidize housing loans.
- SMEs adjusting to the CFA franc devaluation in Senegal
- China's township enterprises
- Environmental concerns and responses in small-scale stone quarries in Nairobi
- Relegated to chronic poverty: financial difficulties faced by people with mental illness in the United States
- The People's Credit Funds of Vietnam: A prudentially regulated credit cooperative movement