The Empretec Ghana Foundation - a broad product portfolio organization
its strengths, which owe much to the vision of its leadership, and include a business-like culture and a commitment to moving towards financial sustainability. Empretec's staff and services have been developed
with the help of 'mentors', funded at considerable cost by donor agencies. The article questions whether this level of intervention creates organizations that can achieve sustainability.
- The role of credit guarantees in financing Hungarian small businesses
- Light bulbs, icebergs and pyramids – reflections on the Chiang Mai BDS Seminar
- Crossfire: ‘The recent microfinance crisis in Andhra Pradesh in India, where the local government effectively put a stop to the operations of all the MFIs, resulted from the lack of restraint by banks and investors; the industry “had it coming”’
- Editorial: Expanding the debate on financial services
- Bank requirements and governance for savings and credit co-operative societies (SACCOS) in Tanzania and Kenya