its strengths, which owe much to the vision of its leadership, and include a business-like culture and a commitment to moving towards financial sustainability. Empretec's staff and services have been developed
with the help of 'mentors', funded at considerable cost by donor agencies. The article questions whether this level of intervention creates organizations that can achieve sustainability.
- Development impact bonds: learning from the Asháninka cocoa and coffee case in Peru
- Trade-off between outreach and sustainability of microfinance institutions: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
- Value chain development for rural poverty reduction: A reality check and a warning
- Impact assessment of commodity standards: towards inclusive value chains
- What is cocoa sustainability? Mapping stakeholders’ socio-economic, environmental, and commercial constellations of priorities