of promoting large industries over small. Comparing a number of Asian countries with different levels of open trade policies, as well as the effect of different policies as they were applied over 30 years in the Philippines, the authors argue that import restrictions often prevent the growth
and employment generation of the SME sector.
- Trade-off between outreach and sustainability of microfinance institutions: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
- What is cocoa sustainability? Mapping stakeholders’ socio-economic, environmental, and commercial constellations of priorities
- Impact assessment of commodity standards: towards inclusive value chains
- Development impact bonds: learning from the Asháninka cocoa and coffee case in Peru
- Value chain development for rural poverty reduction: A reality check and a warning