that promotional organizations have an important role to play in supporting small rural enterprises in the non-farm sector. It identifies the disparate environments, the diverse human resources and the kinds of constraints faced by these organizations in building enterprises. Promotional agencies
are classified into two groups – market-orientated agencies and capability-building organizations – and the strengths of each group identified for the entrepreneur involved.
- Trade-off between outreach and sustainability of microfinance institutions: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
- Impact assessment of commodity standards: towards inclusive value chains
- What is cocoa sustainability? Mapping stakeholders’ socio-economic, environmental, and commercial constellations of priorities
- Development impact bonds: learning from the Asháninka cocoa and coffee case in Peru
- Value chain development for rural poverty reduction: A reality check and a warning