and removed from their situation.Private sector membership associations are seen to be closer to the ethos of SMEs, and this article examines the contribution they could make to SME promotion. Drawing on the experience of developed countries where private sector membership associations
play an important role, the article suggests how such organizations in developing countries might strengthen their position and increase their support for SMEs.
- Development impact bonds: learning from the Asháninka cocoa and coffee case in Peru
- Trade-off between outreach and sustainability of microfinance institutions: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
- Value chain development for rural poverty reduction: A reality check and a warning
- What is cocoa sustainability? Mapping stakeholders’ socio-economic, environmental, and commercial constellations of priorities
- Impact assessment of commodity standards: towards inclusive value chains