Under The Eagle
United States Intervention in Central America and the Caribbean
Under The Eagle traces the history and motivations of United States policy in Central America and the Caribbean, from President Monroe to President Reagan, and assesses its impact on the impoverished people of the region. It concentrates in particular on events since the Cuban revolution and includes a special focus on EI Salvador and the United States' latest attempts to suppress the struggle for social justice and self-determination of those who live Under the Eagle.
1. The Eagle Rises (1823-1962)
2. The Eagle Rampant (1961-1976)
3. The Eagle Retrenches (1973-1979)
4. The Eagle Reborn (1979-1981)
5. El Salvador: The Eagle's Reckoning?
Back Matter - Under the Eagle (Bibliography, List of Addresses, List of Abbreviations, Index)